Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Moccasins -favoured travelling shoes.

Travelling on summer vacation, especially in the camperized van, I slip out of my day shoes and into my moccasins. Whether the day shoe be runners or sandals, moccasins are my favoured choice of travelling footwear.
I take my plain, indoor, soft-soled moccasins and put them on as soon as I get settled into a trip. They are so comfy and still versatile. If we make a stop at a garage for petro, I may decide to pop into the station pantry to pick up a newspaper, or buy a treat. I just leave my moccasins on. They are soft soled , 100% moose hide and the little dust and gravel running to the store is no problem. If a stop requires me to be out and about, perhaps at a roadside rest stop, I just slip into my regular shoes. Try it just once; your moccasins will become a standard vehicle staple.
Marieshoes.com carries soft-soled moccasins. I ordered a beaded pair which work well. Marie Shoes also carries an outdoor moccasin, with a hard sole, but these I wear just for outdoors.
Happy travels!

No comments: